Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we have a special edition curated by Markus Speth, VSHN’s co-CEO and Partner, about the state of email marketing in 2021.
1. Email is one of the many marketing tools we use at VSHN every day; those of you subscribed to VSHN News or VSHN.timer know it very well! To keep up with the latest trends, we studied HubSpot’s „Not Another State of Marketing Report 2021“ in detail, showing data coming from more than 1500 marketers worldwide. And the results are in: email marketing is the third most important channel after social media and websites.
2. More surprising statistics about email marketing by HubSpot: 20% of email campaigns aren’t optimized for mobile; email has a ROI of (hang on tight) 4200% (!); and there are 4 billion email users worldwide!
3. Even more juicy statistics: segmented campaigns have 100% more clicks than non-segmented ones; the average open rate is quite consistent across industries and providers, around 20%; and email is a top 3 channel for business content.
4. How can you optimize your email marketing campaigns to maximize their impact? This Forbes article contains some good tips: make your emails more personal, more interactive, and be privacy-friendly.
5. What will the future of email marketing look like? Artificial Intelligence, hyper-personalization, automation, interaction, and a strong focus on privacy are some of the future trends in the field.
What email marketing tools do you use? Are you subscribed to many newsletters? Which features do you expect in a marketing email? Would you like to share some tips and tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: since you are interested enough in email marketing as to read this VSHN.timer in full, maybe we could convince you to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter. We also have a free monthly VSHN News newsletter you might be interested in as well.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.