Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about what’s going on in the world of Red Hat OpenShift.
But before we start, did you know that APPUiO Cloud gives you instant access to a pay-per-use OpenShift 4 project, enjoying all of the know-how and 24/7 support that only VSHN can provide? Create an account now and deploy your app right away!
1. Red Hat OpenShift celebrated last September its 10th anniversary! This was shortly before the release of version 4.9 and the change to a timeline-based lifecycle of 18 months for all minor releases of OpenShift 4.
2. The German OpenShift User Meeting is a platform for everyone to share knowledge and best practices around Red Hat OpenShift, and it’s happening on March 9th, 2022 on Gather. Don’t miss the date!
3. Azure Red Hat OpenShift is a fully managed, HIPAA compliant Red Hat OpenShift service in Azure jointly engineered and supported by Microsoft and Red Hat. We recently found this free lab to learn and understand some of the concepts of deploying and securing container based applications with it.
4. OpenShift is a complete platform providing tools and support for all aspects of DevOps, from development, security, operations, and crucially, also for incident management. Check these field notes from a private bank in Italy planning for reliability using OpenShift, Ansible, Argo CD, and more.
5. Gitea is a self-hosting lightweight & open source alternative to host your Git repositories securely and efficiently. And of course, you can also run Gitea in your OpenShift cluster.
Bonus Item 6! Do you want some free Red Hat stickers for your laptop? The question is… who doesn’t?! Then get them here!
Have you opened your APPUiO Cloud account yet? What OpenShift operators do you use in production? Would you like to share some OpenShift tips and tricks with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: check out our previous VSHN.timer editions about Red Hat OpenShift: #9, #28, #53, and #95.