VSHN.timer #185: The Time of OpenShift 4.13
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about new features in Red Hat OpenShift 4.13.
1. Red Hat OpenShift 4.13, based on Kubernetes 1.26 and Crio 1.26 focuses on three core themes to accelerate modern application development and delivery: enhanced security, hybrid cloud infrastructure, and scalability. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
2. With OpenShift 4.13, Red Hat introduced new features on how storage classes are managed, and this blog post walks you through the details of these changes.
3. If you are running Red Hat OpenShift on VMware ESXi hypervisors, you’ll be happy to know that version 4.13 allows operators to distribute master and worker nodes across vSphere Data Centers and Clusters.
4. OpenShift 4.13 introduces many enhancements to elevate the observability experience. This version introduces the ability for users to customize node-exporter collectors, including tcpstat, netclass, netdev, and cpufreq, with more to come in the next release.
5. There’s a lot more to Red Hat OpenShift 4.13 that we can cover in a single VSHN.timer edition, but thankfully Red Hat has compiled all of the links in a single page.
Are you planning to update your clusters to Red Hat OpenShift 4.13? Which new feature is your favorite? Would you like to share some OpenShift tips and tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of „How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024“Read more
Zusammenarbeit und Innovation werden gefeiert: VSHN auf dem Red Hat Summit Connect Zürich 2024Read more
Unser Expertenteam steht für dich bereit. Im Notfall auch 24/7.Kontakt