Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about Debian, Fedora, and the hardware required to run them all.
1. Celebrating the release of Fedora 39, we learned about Bluefin: a custom image of Fedora Silverblue, offering the best of both worlds: the reliability and ease of use of a Chromebook, with the power of a GNOME desktop.
2. The Fedora Slimbook is a sleek and powerful laptop ready for Linux enthusiasts, with a stylish design and Fedora’s cutting-edge software, creating a remarkable product.
3. Exciting news on the horizon! In February 2024, KDE Plasma 6 is set to make its grand debut. But the project needs our help to ensure a successful launch. Why? Because generosity is at the heart of KDE.
4. Debian is a complex operating system and a huge open-source project. This blog post is an attempt to explain its operational structure, without being a detailed history of the project.
5. After years of constant updates and never-ending new features, modern desktop operating systems have evolved into a slow, complex mess. The Essence operating system tries to be different.
Have you tried other open source operating systems? Did you get a Slimbook yet? Would you like to share some Linux tips and tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.