Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the most important news announced during last week’s KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021 event. Couldn’t attend? No worries, we got you covered.
1. The Cloud Native community is focusing not only on technology, but also on the intersection of technology and society. For that reason, the main focus of the conference this year was diversity, security, and contributions.
2. Cloud Native technologies are shaping businesses in all areas. This year, an unprecedented 27 new members have joined the CNCF, among them Orange, Raytheon, Seagate, and even Citibank. Oh, and New Relic joined the governing board as a platinum member!
3. Red Hat made the headlines last week when it offered developers free OpenShift instances through their new Developer Sandbox offering. Check it out!
4. Kubernetes is moving past the datacenter towards new frontiers; recognizing this move, the Linux Foundation and the CNCF jointly launched a new free Kubernetes on Edge training course on edX.
5. Did you know that Spotify is not only the world’s most popular music streaming service, but that they have also contributed many projects to the Cloud Native community? The CNCF granted Spotify the Top End User Award this year for its various contributions.
How was KubeCon this year? Which sessions did you like most? Would you like to share your comments with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: check out our previous VSHN.timer editions about KubeCon: #19, #20, #56, #57, and #90.