Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the latest news of OpenShift, the enterprise container platform by Red Hat and IBM.
1. OpenShift is at the center of IBM’s cloud strategy; to the point that IBM CEO, Arvind Krishna, recently announced that all upcoming IBM products will be built specifically for OpenShift. They will join classic IBM products such as DB2 and WebSphere, already available on the platform.
2. OpenShift keeps gaining ground. Two months ago it became available on AWS as a managed service, ready to serve enterprise customers in the biggest IaaS provider on the planet.
3. Microsoft Azure is quickly becoming a popular IaaS choice for enterprises. Understandably, the Azure team is currently working on a managed OpenShift offering, and you can follow the project in real time at GitHub.
4. OpenShift is evolving continuously, keeping up with the latest trends; among those, GitOps, which is quickly becoming a global standard among DevOps teams. OpenShift’s own GitOps implementation is, of course, based on Argo CD.
5. During the last KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021 conference there was an OpenShift Commons Gathering, and the videos of those sessions are now available for your watching pleasure.
What kind of applications are you running in your OpenShift clusters? Are you using GitOps in your workflows? Would you like to share tips and tricks with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.