Employee benefits Canada
Reasons to become a VSHNeer.
- VSHN Canada is a subsidiary of the leading Swiss company for DevOps, Kubernetes, Application Operations, and 24/7 Cloud Operations.
- For over 350 different partners, we support >1,000 servers in the cloud and customers on-premises with a total of >75,000 monitored services.
- We are 50 employees (“VSHNeers”) in Switzerland and currently 3 VSHNeers here in Canada looking for you to join us.
- We support the Open Source Community, e.g., by sponsoring the KubeCon / CloudNativeCon 2019 in Barcelona, by being CNCF members, and by organizing the Cloud Native Computing Meetup in Zurich.
How do we work?
- We live open communication with our partners and customers, both internally and externally.
- We build on Sociocracy 3.0. and organize ourselves in teams, delegate circles, and interest groups accountable for a specific, well-defined domain at VSHN.
- Speed of Change: We can quickly change how we work using Consent Decision Making. This enables us to make decisions swiftly and transparently. For example, two weeks after “submitting the idea,” we decided to reduce our weekly working time from 42.5 hours to 40 hours.
- Weekly meetings so everyone can see and update themselves (even if only by video) and daily standups, depending on the team.
- We use Jira & Confluence, Rocket Chat, Threema, etc.
- Time-Tracking: Every VSHNeer tracks their working time and can compensate for overtime with an annual working time model.
- Pensum: Most VSHNeers work between 60% and 100%.
How do we tick?
- Innovation: We want to be at the forefront of technological development and solve challenging problems.
- Transparency: We don’t just talk about flat hierarchies; we live them – you can take part in management meetings, every VSHNeer can have a say in the future of VSHN on our yearly Strategy Day, and we live an open-wage system.
- Community: We do a lot together, but always on a voluntary basis (aperitifs, excursions, LANs, VSHN weekends, etc.). We invite all employees working outside of Switzerland at least once a year to join us at our headquarters in Zurich.
- Engage: Every VSHNeer can contribute to any topic – for example, if you have ideas for an office redesign, join our office management, an interest group.
- Equal rights: We are only interested in your skills and your personality – we do not choose according to gender, age, origin, looks, or orientation.
- Flexibility: early riser or night owl? We have VSHNeers of both types and offer flexible working hours.
- Homeoffice: We both value in-person contact but also the flexibility of the workplace – we like to have you in our downtown office for at least half of the time.
- Infrastructure/Hardware: Every VSHNeer receives a recurring budget for new devices and gadgets. You use what you like, and you can keep your device after three years.
- Compensation: 5 weeks vacation, one week for education/training, days for moving, etc.
- Participate: If things go well, every VSHNeer should, of course, benefit. We have a phantom stock program so everyone can participate in the company’s success.
- Learning: Every VSHNeer receives a training budget (time & money), and we specifically promote further training measures and certifications (e.g., CKA), and if you would like to participate in conferences like KubeCon, that is, of course, also possible!
- Everyone gets a yearly Public Transport allowance.
- Have a look at our open positions.
Sounds good? Please get in touch with us and drop by for a coffee: