Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about all the decisions required to build a new product, such as our new APPUiO Cloud.
1. Product Management expert Itamar Gilad explained recently the key recipe to build products people love: placing the delivered customer value at the center of the product management process.
2. The most complicated aspect of engineering a new product is never technical, but conceptual: the correct definition of the thing to be built in the first place; that’s the hardest problem to solve.
3. Have you ever wondered how companies manage to offer free plans of their services? It turns out that the old adage “if it’s free you’re the product” is not always true, at least not for Tailscale and their VPN.
4. Telemetry data is fundamental to tweak your product offering, to understand market demand and maximize your margins. But how to gather such information from Kubernetes clusters? Here‘s how Flant does it.
5. The VSHN.timer tool of the week is Kubernetes Opex Analytics, a Kubernetes usage accounting and analytics tool to help organizations track the resources consumed by their Kubernetes clusters over time, compatible with Prometheus and Grafana.
What process do you follow to design new products? What is the most important factor in your product design decision process? Would you like to share some ideas with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.