VSHN.timer #149: UDP, TTY, SEL, and AMD
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about hardware such as oscilloscopes, teletype terminals, cars, laptops, and more.
1. Can you read digital UDP packets with an analog oscilloscope? Matt Keeter says yes and shows us how, including the Rust code to translate from signals to actual packets being sent. Because science.
2. All Unix geeks have seen the acronym “TTY” appear in front of their eyes one day or another. But what is it? The SoByte team explains the history, going from teletypes, to
ssh, and SIGINT signals.
3. Are you a Linux hacker? Have you bought a Hyundai Ioniq SEL recently? If you replied affirmatively to both questions, greenluigi1 teaches you how to build your own apps to run in its infotainment system.
4. How does the Apple MacBook Air M2 running Asahi Linux compare against other recent laptops? Phoronix has benchmarked it against the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U “Rembrandt” Zen 3+, the Intel Core i7 1280P “Alder Lake P”, and the AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX “Cezanne H”.
5. Building Kubernetes clusters with Raspberry Pis is one of the most popular hobbies among DevOps developers; we’ve talked about that last year, remember? Here’s another example, this time by Ricardo Sanchez.
Have you reverse-engineered your car’s infotainment system? Are you an oscilloscope aficionado? Would you like to share your passion for hardware hacks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us