VSHN.timer #163: Solving Problems With Kubernetes
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the latest news around Kubernetes and Cloud Native applications.
1. Server-Side Apply helps users and controllers manage their resources through declarative configurations, working both as a replacement for the original
kubectl apply command and as a simpler mechanism for controllers to enact their changes. But why should you be using it? Daniel Smith from Google explains it best.
2. Adam Chalmers wrote an article aimed at engineers new to container orchestration who need to deploy their code using Kubernetes but have no idea what Kubernetes is or how it works: a step-by-step guide!
3. Not strictly related to Kubernetes, but Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon, published last week the Distributed Computing Manifesto, an internal and previously unreleased document from 1998 that transformed the architecture of Amazon’s e-commerce platform.
4. How much do Kubernetes Engineers earn in 2022? Have the salaries increased or decreased since last year? What skill sets, besides Kubernetes, are most in demand for a Kubernetes job? Vikrant Mane tells us all about it.
5. Clusternet (Cluster Internet) is an open-source add-on that helps you manage thousands of millions of Kubernetes clusters as easily as visiting the Internet; a worthy competitor to our own Project Syn!
How many clusters are you managing in your organization? Are you using Kubernetes Server-Side Apply already? Would you like to share some Kubernetes tips and tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us