VSHN.timer #167: When The Product Goes Down
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the consequences of products and services going down… particularly when you’re not livin’ on fat pockets, whatcha gon’ do? When the product goes down, ya better be ready.
1. What do you do when Azure literally runs out of compute resources? Can you migrate your work somewhere else, or are all your eggs in the same basket? When the cloud goes down, ya better be ready.
2. What do you do when Docker quietly raises prices and limits team accounts? Are all your containers built FROM images on Docker Hub? When the container registry goes down, ya better be ready.
3. What do you do when SourceHut blacklists the Go module mirror? Are you bypassing proxy.golang.org already? When Google gets greedy, ya better be ready.
4. What do you do when open-source projects such as Kite or Pinafore shut down? Do you fork, or do you migrate? When maintainers get more issue reports and headaches than pull requests or cash, ya better be ready.
5. What do you sell your customers? Remember that your tech stack is not your product. When they come to you to solve a problem with something that consists of software, ya better be ready.
Do you have contingency plans in place to cope with platform issues? Are you (financially or otherwise) contributing to your favorite (and critical) open-source project? Would you like to share some tips and tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us