VSHN.timer #214: Switch to Firefox
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the love we owe to Firefox and all the products and projects in the Open Source world.
But before that: you are invited to a free online event next week on LinkedIn, where we’ll explore best practices, industry insights, and practical tips to ensure your containerized applications run smoothly without breaking the bank.
1. Firefox deserves more love. We agree with Roy Tanck when he says that if there’s one tech New Year’s resolution to uphold, it’s switching to the only remaining ethical web browser, Firefox. Not only because our poor preferred browser is on the brink of extinction, but also because it’s actually excellent.
2. What moments marked 2023 in the world of technology? Bram Molenaar passed away; companies are leaving the cloud behind; Log 4j and OpenWrt both celebrated their 20th anniversary; it’s been 30 years since Windows NT; and a lot more happened in the Open Source world.
3. Bruce Perens, one of the founders of the Open Source movement, is ready for what comes next: the Post-Open Source movement. He says there are several pressing problems that the open source community needs to address.
4. On December 29th, a package titled
5. FrankenPHP is a modern application server for PHP built on top of our beloved Caddy web server. It gives superpowers to your PHP apps thanks to its stunning features: worker mode, real-time capabilities, automatic HTTPS, HTTP/2, and HTTP/3 support… It even has the ability to embed the source code and assets of PHP applications in a static, self-contained binary.
Are you more of a Firefox or a Chrome kind of person? Did you find the NPM prank funny? Would you like to share some Open Source experiences with our audience? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us