VSHN.timer #43: CI/CD, Documentation & Testing
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the latest trends and news around CI/CD, documentation, and system testing.
1. Many of our customers rely on us to set CI/CD pipelines in various systems; they have definitely become a staple of agile organizations these days. They allow software to be easily tested, deployed to various environments, and all just happens by magic, just pushing code to a repository. But how secure are those pipelines? Vladyslav Protasenia from Devforth has prepared a step-by-step guide for secure CI setups, with a specific focus on Drone and AWS.
2. Ever wished to have automatically generated documentation for your CustomResourceDefinitions? Look no more: crds.dev has the solution, it is located here, and it is open source.
3. In the constantly moving ground of Kubernetes, apiVersions change continuously and that might leave your clusters with some deprecated resources. In that case, you are going to find Pluto by Fairwinds to be of great help. Pluto can check both static manifests and Helm charts for deprecated apiVersions, and it works with both Helm 2 and 3 releases. Give it a spin!
4. We have talked about Kubernetes operators in a previous issue of VSHN.timer; suffice to say that if you develop operators and you need to test them, KUTTL (aka the KUbernetes Test TooL) has you covered. Just write your tests and assertions using YAML and run them automatically, as part of your CI/CD setup.
5. If you are an advanced GitHub user using the full power of GitHub actions to automate your workflow, you are going to love the tool of the week: the Actions Panel application; trigger your actions with the click of a button!
Has your team set any CI/CD pipelines up already? Are they useful in your DevOps workflows? Do you have any tips you would like to share with the community? Get in touch with us through the form at the bottom of this page, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us