VSHN.timer #85: HumanOps
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the most important part of any DevOps initiative: people.
1. In this pandemic, the nature and scale of work are undergoing major changes. Sahil Lavingia, the founder of Gumroad, explains how to run a multi-million business without meetings, without deadlines, and without full-time employees… and still growing 85% per year.
2. Now that the real remote working revolution is beginning, just when Tim O’Reilly predicts the end of Silicon Valley, maybe we can distill the best parts of its PeopleOps strategies; what does it do better than other places? Can we replicate its success elsewhere in the world?
3. Worker unions in the software field are something that should have happened long ago, and finally we are getting there. Google workers are starting to unite worldwide and demand their voices be heard, demanding more ethical behavior and more social engagement.
4. Why do we suffer from “Zoom fatigue” (which, by the way, applies to all online collaboration tools, not only to Zoom)? The Stanford Virtual Human Interaction Lab has identified four main causes and proposes effective mechanisms to prevent it.
5. The tool of the week is Nullboard; the most minimalist Kanban board you’ll ever come across, web-based, and actually serverless (because really, there’s no server behind it!) If you like Nullboard, you should also consider /dev/null as a Service for your document disposal needs.
How do you take care of your team in these times? Have you joined already, or would you join a worker union? Would you like to share your experience with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us