Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about how to make sure your monitoring strategy is secure, performant, and relevant.
1. There’s no shortage of mechanisms to monitor your clusters: Prometheus, Thanos, M3, VictoriaMetrics, InfluxDB… Here’s Michael Weibel from the Helio team explaining how they use Cortex to observe the inner workings of their carbon-aware cloud infrastructure.
2. In the Cloud Native world, Grafana is Prometheus’ best friend. But are you sure your Grafana instance is secure enough? The Grafana team explains all you need to know to secure your dashboards: authentication, authorization, audit, administration, and encryption.
3. Last month the Prometheus team released version 2.33 of their eponymous project, with enhanced queries and better performance. Read the release notes in their blog.
4. Are you a Prometheus power user? Check this list of awesome Prometheus alerts, we’re sure you’ll find something new for your monitoring toolbox.
5. The VSHN.timer tool of the week is the Grafana multi-tenant operator, helping you enable RBAC authentication, users, and organizations for your Grafana instances.
What helper tools do you use together with Prometheus and Grafana? How have you secured your dashboards? Would you like to share some monitoring tips and tricks with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: check out our previous VSHN.timer edition about Prometheus & Grafana: #78.