Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about simple ways to develop your Cloud Native and DevOps skills.
1. CodinGame helps programmers improve their coding skills by solving the most challenging problems, learn new concepts, and get inspired by the best developers, in whichever programming language you want.
2. Kubesimplify is a new resource for Cloud Native and DevOps practitioners, with community members explaining concepts and providing all kinds of tips and tricks, from AWS to Terraform to Kubernetes to Go and more.
3. The CNCF announced the availability of the new Prometheus Associate Certification during the last KubeCon + CloudNativeCon at Valencia. This is a pre-professional certification, designed for engineers interested in observability and monitoring within the Prometheus ecosystem.
4. For those eager to sharp their Prometheus skills, this PromQL with Prometheus Playground provides a scratch Prometheus instance with full control over the server configuration: just launch it, and start writing your PromQL queries right away.
5. The VSHN.timer tool of the week will help you keep track of your learning journey: [x]it! is a plain text file format for todos and check lists, compatible with your favorite text editor and infinitely future-proof.
What is your preferred learning method? Are you interested in the new Prometheus certification? Would you like to share some tips and tricks with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.