VSHN.timer #171: Unstoppable OpenShift 4.12
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the new features of OpenShift 4.12, the latest and greatest release of our favorite container platform.
1. Two weeks ago, Red Hat released OpenShift version 4.12, based on Kubernetes 1.25 and CRI-O 1.25. This new release brings a lot: 49 customer requests for enhancements, extended support up to 24 months, a new default network plugin, ARM architecture support, and much more.
2. This video provides a complete overview of the new features in OpenShift 4.12, from operational, security, and architectural points of view, presented by the Red Hat engineers behind the product.
3. Red Hat OpenShift announced support for the AWS Graviton ARM architecture in 2022. Now, OpenShift 4.12 expands that offering to Microsoft Azure ARM instances.
4. OpenShift 4.12 brings three new key features for software developers: user preferences provides default settings for Git and image deploy flows; better display of limits and quotas issues; and automatic support to receive and store CloudEvents on a Kafka topic.
5. Curious about the new features of OpenShift 4.12? Check out the official release notes with a short explanation of each new feature.
Are you planning to move to OpenShift 4.12? Which of the new features do you find the most interesting? Would you like to share some OpenShift tips and tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
PS3: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us