VSHN.timer #56: Getting Ready for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about random interesting things going on in our industry as KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 gets started.
1. Google Cloud Audit Logs record all activity in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) projects, databases, virtual machines, and more. This article by DataDog explains the structure of GCP audit logs, provides some best practices, and explains how to export them to other supports.
2. Although most readers of this column probably know DNS in and out, here’s a nice explanation by Julia Evans to a simple question: what happens when you update your DNS?
3. Exoscale recently introduced a much awaited, very useful component to their excellent infrastructure (which we use a lot here at VSHN!): the Exoscale Load Balancer. By the way, did you know that APPUiO is featured in Exoscale’s Marketplace?
4. Ever worried about not being able to SSH into your servers in case of an emergency? Carl Tashian from smallstep recently published a short guide to configure SSH servers with a hardware key… which might be useful as a “last resort” procedure.
5. The tool of the week is Scalr, allowing to scale Cloud instances based on policy checks in configurable intervals. Works out-of-the-box with Cloudscale, Hetzner, DigitalOcean, and other providers.
Are you going to watch KubeCon + CloudNativeCon videos? Or are instead going to watch the Swiss Cloud Native Computing Meetup next week instead? Get in touch with us through the form at the bottom of this page, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: By the way, next week we’ll post a summary of interesting things said and done during Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020. Stay tuned!
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us