Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about online services we used to meet and greet each other during these times of home office, for example after online conferences, meetups, or workshops.
1. Being able to work from home is certainly a privilege, but after a year of home office we all VSHNeers certainly miss hanging out with one another. One of the ways we tried to spend some time together online is Gather, which provides a 2D, “retro videogame”-like experience to meet and greet many people at once.
2. Mibo and Confer-O-Matic provide a more immersive experience for online gatherings, with a full 3D simulation, spatial sound, and funny visual features. We’ve tried Mibo after the last Cloud Native Day Warm-Up and it was great fun! Jumping to the virtual stage and speaking to everyone through the virtual mic is a blast.
3. If you prefer a more abstract approach, you should try Wonder; move in and out of the circles to meet people “near” you. We haven’t tried it yet but it looks very interesting!
4. A mix between a 3D-like experience with simulated “closeness”, SpatialChat also provides the possibility for attendees to interact with groups of people, watch speakers presenting keynotes, exchange opinions, and collaborate with one another.
5. The final link this week is not really a place to hang out, but rather to remember the noise and ambience of a nice pub with friends. Adjust the noise level, listen to the humming crowd, grab a pint of Guinness, and close your eyes. Amboss Rampe, we will be back soon!
Have you used any of these platforms? What do you think about them? Are you looking forward to attend meetups and conferences in person? Get vaccinated, get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.