VSHN.timer #148: Kubernetes Observability
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about tools helping us keep an eye over our Kubernetes clusters.
1. Pixie is an open-source observability tool for Kubernetes applications, used to view the high-level state of clusters and also drill down into more detailed views.
I could be mistaken, but I think this is a Kubernetes. pic.twitter.com/QPjsXvyIpc— CrAIg Walls (@habuma) August 6, 2022
2. Sosivio eliminates ambiguities in Kubernetes with a tightly coupled data collection and AI tool, used to predict and prevent performance issues with your applications and orchestration issues with your environments.
3. Datree is an E2E policy enforcement solution that can be used on the command line, a webhook, or even as a
kubectl plugin, automatically validating Kubernetes objects for rule violations, ensuring no misconfigurations reach production.
4. In March 2022, Grafana Labs released Grafana Mimir, the most scalable, most performant open source time series database in the world; now they’ve open sourced proxies to natively ingest metrics from Graphite, Datadog, and InfluxDB, and store these metrics in Mimir.
5. The VSHN.timer tool of the week is Kubedog, a library to watch and follow Kubernetes resources in CI/CD deploy pipelines. This library is used in the werf CI/CD tool to track resources during the deploy process.
What tools do you use to observe your clusters? What metrics are the most important to you and your team? Would you like to share some observability tricks with our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us