VSHN.timer #88: Peer Cloud Native Programming
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about how teams can collaborate better while writing those cloud native apps.
1. Code reviews are arguably one of the best ways to ship high-quality code. But what’s the best way to review code? Michael Lynch provides here 13 fantastic tips to increase the success of those review sessions in your team.
2. Growing up means, to a large degree, changing your mind in many different topics. Becoming a senior software engineer is no different. Even if you didn’t have the chance of pairing with a senior engineer in your career, your opinions will change, and Chris Kiehl tells us how his own thoughts on technology evolved so far.
3. There’s a funny joke going around in programmer circles you’ve probably heard of, the one about self-documenting code. There’s another one, but not as popular, about self-documenting architectures. Aleksey Kladov argues that having an
ARCHITECTURE file in your project is as important as having a
README. And we agree.
4. We don’t know who needs to hear this, but thanks to the addition of the
LAMBDA function, Microsoft Excel is now Turing-complete. We will leave this here without any further comments.
5. The tool of the week is grep.app, a search engine indexing code stored in GitHub. How much code you say? Like half a million git repos worth of code. Older readers might probably remember Koders, which used to do exactly the same thing back in the Web 2.0 days.
Do your teams perform code reviews? Do senior engineers mentor younger ones in your organization? Would you like to share some Excel programming tips with the community? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us