VSHN.timer #154: Modern Times, Modern Work
Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about how the world of work is evolving in this post-pandemic, crisis-laden world of ours.
1. Remote Work? Downturn? Great Resignation? How are we adapting at this crucial moment? A.Team and MassChallenge partnered on their first Tech Work Report, surveying 581 tech founders and executives (C-Suite or department leaders) based in the USA. The results are stunning.
2. Did you know that many people working “from home”… are literally in a different country than their employers? (And no, we’re not talking about the VSHNeers currently in Canada!) As far as we understand, such practice is illegal in Switzerland, but hey, who knows? Maybe some of you are reading this from a beach in Bali? If that’s the case, let us know *wink wink*.
3. Netflix used to be famous for its participatory culture, where everyone was expected to ask (and receive answers to) tough questions. Well, apparently that’s all history now. Even Google is moving away from its traditional 20% working time projects! But do you know who has a great company culture? VSHN! Here’s our message to disgruntled Netflix and Google staff members: we’re hiring in Zürich and in Vancouver; how about working with us?
4. Unless your technology business consists of selling 3.5” diskettes, you might be interested in getting the attention of venture capitalists. But how to follow-up with them in an age of eternally full inboxes? Alina Gegamova from Sifted proposes a simple rule.
5. Adobe’s purchase of Figma caught the design world off-guard. How about choosing an open-source tool instead? The VSHN.timer tool of the week is Penpot, an open-source design and prototyping tool for teams.
How often do you send follow-up emails to potential investors? Are you really working from another country than your employer’s? Would you like to suggest co-working spaces in Bali to our readers? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.
PS2: do you prefer reading VSHN.timer in your favorite RSS reader? Subscribe to this feed.
- APPUiO Cloud
AppCat Now Standard on All APPUiO Managed OpenShift Clusters on ExoscaleRead more
Watch the Recording of “How to Keep Container Operations Steady and Cost-Effective in 2024”Read more
Celebrating Collaboration and Innovation: VSHN at Red Hat Summit Connect Zurich 2024Read more
Our team of experts is available for you. In case of emergency also 24/7.Contact us